Intel® Z490 Ultra Durable Motherboard with Direct 11+1 Phases Digital VRM, Extended MOS Heatsink, Dual NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2, GbE Gaming LAN, Integrated I/O Shield, Q-Flash PLUS, RGB FUSION 2.0
Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core? Series Processors
Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
Intel® Optane? Memory Ready
Direct 11+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
Enlarged VRM Heatsink with Increased Surface Contact Air-Flow Grooving
GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
Multi-Way Graphics Support with PCIe Armor and Ultra Durable? Design
Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 X4 & One Supports SATA Protocol
Intel® Native USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A with Speed Up To 10Gbps
RGB FUSION 2.0 Support Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
Q-Flash Plus Updates BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
Rear IO Armor with Pre-Installed I/O Shield
CEC 2019 Ready, Save the Power as Easy as One Click
Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt? 3 AIC Support
Support for 10th Generation Intel® Core? i9 processors/Intel® Core? i7 processors/Intel® Core? i5 processors/Intel® Core? i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1200 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
Intel® Z490 Express Chipset
Intel® Core? i9/i7 processors:
Support for DDR4 4500(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C.)/ 4300(O.C.)/4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
Intel® Core? i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors:
Support for DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×[email protected] Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.3.
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
Realtek® ALC887 codec
High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you need to open the audio software and select Device advanced settings > Playback Device to change the default setting first. Please visit GIGABYTE’s website for details on configuring the audio software.
Support for S/PDIF Out
Realtek® GbE LAN chip (1000 Mbit/100 Mbit)
Wireless Communication module
Intel® Wi-Fi AC 9462:
Intel® CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
Support for 1×1 11ac wireless standard and up to 433 Mbps data rate
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
Supports up to ASPM L1.2 power management protocols.
Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire? and 2-Way AMD CrossFire? technologies
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_SB)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_SB)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to “1-7 Internal Connectors,” for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
Intel® Optane? Memory Ready
M.2 connectors support up to ASPM L1.2 PCIe power management protocols.
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
7 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (5 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x CPU fan header
4 x system fan headers
2 x addressable LED strip headers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
1 x Q-Flash Plus button
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
1 x USB 2.0/1.1 header
1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI/GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
2 x Thunderbolt? add-in card connectors
1 x serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
2 x SMA antenna connectors (1T1R)
1 x HDMI port
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
5 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks
iTE® I/O Controller Chip
Fan speed detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
1 x 256 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
Realtek® 8118 Gaming LAN Bandwidth Control Utility
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors’ website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.